Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bittersweet Wednesdays

Today marks a year since I had Peach put to sleep. I absolutely dreaded, and still dread, the anniversary of Friskey's death. I feel sort of guilty that I miss her more then Peach, but it is natural that we choose our favorites. I think, anyway. I dearly miss the guy though. He was definitely a true example of the different personalities pets have. I miss his vocal, "Rawr-rawr meow rawr!" greeting and when I played 'kick his butt' with him. Yes, what you always thought was true - I am, unequivocally, a strange person.

With Friskey, the anniversary was on my mind days before and I dreaded the day -- I do this year as well. But, today was a much better day then this day last year. I had a wonderful date tonight and I was all smiles on the ride home. I am exhausted though, and tomorrow is going to be a long day at work, so this is not going to be a long post.

Oh, and for all of you cat owners out there, I wanted to also relay a link to a product I purchased for my cats which arrived today. When I walked in tonight the first thing my roommate said to me was, 'Whatever is in that package, the cats have been going nuts over it all day'. For a $5.00 donation you can purchase a kitty pillow stuffed with catnip. They've been going nuts over it! Meek little Xena even fought off Guy, who is twice her size and weight, for the pillow -- And won!
http://www.itsmeowornever.org/shop_kitty_kickers.html



Spoil those cats and enjoy every moment you can with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the anniversaries I always dread. Be glad you have the good memories though- I think those make up for the bad ones. Glad to hear you had a good date to keep your mind off of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bainshee, your public wants details! Don't tease us with this date business and then leave us hanging.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling her wonderful date got more wonderful. ;)