Sunday, February 11, 2007

You Complete Me

All of you who read this sad excuse for a blog: You complete me.

So, AOL had a blurb listing the top five romantic movie moments. The following movies were selected and the scene aired. All pretty romantic and gooey sweet. I'm just looking at the movies on a whole though. A great scene needs the proper amount of build-up.

Without further ado:

Pretty Woman

I adore Julia Roberts, she is one of my favorite actresses and is so incredibly beautiful. Richard Gere is the perfect urban hero.

Sleepless in Seattle

I kinda think I like You've Got Mail better. Its still a good enough romance though.

Ghost

Too much of a tear jerker for me. I like the movie, but I want a happy romantic ending! I think this movie had too much of an impact on my first girlfriend. She always used the term 'ditto'. Sadly, she was not quite on the bright side and thought it was spelled 'diddo'. Note, this was also the girlfriend who thought if you walked out into the ocean too far the continent just dropped off.


Titanic

Meh. See above. The part about happy endings. Ah, My Heart Will Go On was 'our song' with another ex. Oh, young love...

Jerry Maguire

I love this movie. The movie did make the lines "you complete me" and "you had me at hello" cliche', but it doesn't make less meaningful when watching the movie the first time. Er, and Secret Garden is another song I shared with another ex. WTF. Apparently it is paramount that a romantic movie with notable theme song is released for me to be involved in a serious relationship again.

So here's the important stuff. What my top 5 Most Romantic Movies are.

Notting Hill
I LOVE this movie to death. Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. Yum. The first time I saw the movie I could have watched it again right then. Of course there is a measure of corny-ness in some of the lines, but its such the perfect Hollywood romance.

The American President
Mmm, Annette Bening. The ending is so sweet.

Jerry Maguire

So, its a romance and football movie all in one! What more could a lesbian ask for? Well, besides it being two women... Someone pass along the idea of a sequel of sorts. Jenny Maguire - His estranged sister!

Aimee and Jaguar

Alright so, a movie involving a Jewish lesbian living in Germany during World War II can't really end happily... But its a very touching movie. Also some steamy love scenes... I mean, if you're into that kind of thing and all.

Love Actually

Hugh Grant again. I'm sensing some patterns... Oh, but don't forget Keira Knightley and Emma Thompson!

Honorable mentions: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (Yes, I know its cheesy), Superman Returns ("I'd forgotten how warm you are" - That line kills me everytime), Breakfast at Tiffany's, Far and Away (cheesy, but Nicole Kidman is so hot in it), You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally.

Oh, and one more bit of ex commentary. I'm really not a slut! Another could not stand 'chick flicks'. This relationship did not go very far. Heh. But in all seriousness, I cannot understand how one could be completely opposed to them. They're just so sweet!

No comments: