Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spartan Fiesta

So, I'd been having some trouble with my Debit card in the last week. I have had this particular card for years so I figured the strip was going bad when I kept getting randomly declined. For instance, I was able to purchase my movie ticket for 300 yesterday (YAY), but neither my debit nor my Discover card were accepted by the concession stand there. I did get a free drink because of it, but wish I had opted for nachos as well if we're talking. Then, last weekend, my card only worked when using the credit option at a certain 7-11.

Heading home from the movie last night, my card was not accepted at the Exxon. Hmmm. I need to order a new card because the strip is going bad. Yeah. I would have been Miss Cranky-Pants if I had been unable to purchase pop. You don't want to be around me if there's none in the house.

Today I was going to buy a DVD online from Netflix and they were unable to bill my card. WTF.
So I waited, not all that patiently, to speak with a representative from my bank. After some time I am told that there was a block placed on my card and asked if someone had called me. Uhm, no. Hmm, maybe I just had an epiphany here, but I think it would have been absolutely wonderful for the fucking bank to tell me they put a block on my card. I think he even sounded surprised I was not informed.

Apparently, someone attempted to check into the Pico De Gallo hotel in Brazil with my card. Fan-tastic. I know you're wondering where this 'Pico De Gallo' hotel is and how you can join in on the fiesta; but alas, there is no such place. Whatever hotel it was, however, probably does serve some wicked pico de gallo.

But that's all taken care of now, so it's all good. In retrospect, I've had this account/card for quite awhile, so I should have requested a change in the card number awhile ago.

Ah, 300 was very good. I expected it to be much more fantastical rather then historical, but it had the perfect combination of the two. I missed a History Channel special on the movie on Thursday, but I think I am glad I did. I would not have been as pleasantly surprised. It looks to be a good program, if you are interested, you can view a 2 minute clip of the program by clicking this link.

Well, now to make sure there are no keyloggers on my computers. Fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've heard that you should shred your credit card bills, check your credit report annually, etc, but I've never heard anyone advise that you should change your credit card number. How would the average person know to do that? And yet, I can see it being a good idea. But, it seems like something the credit card companies initiate for card holders, maybe every time the credit card reaches its expiration date, or whatever..