Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frustrating

I have to admit, I laughed that now infamous Snickers commercial, but when I got to the ending I was disconcerted. I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about it though - I don't think it all is really a big deal. Mostly I was put off by the NFL player reactions, especially the Bears, I am sad to say; while they watched the three clips which were made. You can find them on YouTube if you want to watch.

In that YouTube search, I found this old Snickers commercial. See, now this was funny - For a commercial and all.



[sighs] I'm really thinking I am going to have to get rid of my cat, Guy. He and Xena were getting along fine it seemed. Tonight, I'm sitting here at my computer, the two cats sleeping on the bed. All of the sudden I heard Xena crying, well I guess screaming. Guy was wrapped around her, kicking and I think biting. The first time I yelled he didn't stop and kept on. When I stood up and yelled again he stopped and ran - Because he knows he gets in trouble when he bothers her.

I don't know whether he was trying to hurt her or what. He had to have crept up on her in her sleep because she was still in the same spot on the bed she was before. She was scared afterwards and crept around the room timidly.

Dammit. I've had this cat for almost a year and he's never done this before - Not like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sad that you might have to get rid of him. If this is the first time it has happened in a whole year, maybe there is something you can do?

I recently brought in a stray cat, who has been attacking my other two cats. (Yes, I'm the crazy cat lady.) I've been able to curb a lot of the behavior by squirting her with a spray bottle when she is attacking the other two. (the spray bottle is just filled with water.) I also tried a pheromone diffuser, which didn't work for me, but is supposed to help calm cats down.

Bainshee said...

Thanks Ronia! I'd never heard of a pheromone diffuser before. I checked them out and may give one a try.