Monday, February 05, 2007

Bears and Lez Girls

Well, at this time yesterday I was blissfully enjoying a great Super Bowl. The Bears were ahead, they looked hot, Devin Hester was the man and Rex Grossman threw a touchdown pass. Soon a cold, hard reality sank in and the game turned out dreadfully. This may not go down as one of the worst Super Bowls because of Hester's magnificent kickoff return. Small favors.

I feel like I've been talking about the game all day because, well, I have. The game had just ended when my phone rang and I hear, "Rex Grossman sucks!". I'm walking into work and a woman who works in the building asks, "What happened, Chicago?" -She calls me 'Chicago'. I think it's one of my favorite nicknames.

This is how the day went. Insult to injury - My NFC Champion Chicago Bears hat arrived today. Its a nice hat though.

So, I'm pretty disappointed and disgusted by the whole game.

The L Word episode "Lez Girls" aired last night and I found myself really enjoying it. The scene between Bette and Jodi was hot! But seriously, did they need to have a blunt? Are the L Word girls too good for a plain old joint? That struck me so funny.

Alice, of course, was great in this episode. Jenny - I'm holding on to you by my nails. I do not like how her character has developed thus far this season.

I felt kinda bad for Max.
I'm hoping Angus will be out of the picture soon.
I liked the dialog between Bette and Tina in this episode -- But I'm with Tina that Kit should be told. Now, explain to me why Bette is against telling Kit, but when she found out Jenny was cheating on Tim she felt the need to tell him? Is this because Kit is her sister? More inconsistencies in her character? With the L Word, who knows.

Let me just also say that I hated that teacher's aid and storyline who Bette slept with. I hated that character and I resent the fact the writers felt it would be perfectly within Bette's character to sleep with a student/TA. Is it just me or does that not fit with the Bette we know -- She wouldn't do something so unethical.

I hope there's no more scenes with Tina at some 'heterosexual gathering'. We get it. We're different. Apparently so much that we cannot co-mingle. The dumbest part of it all - The 'lesbian contingent' apparently knew of no actresses who were not lesbians.

No comments: